- From Gravesend: The Block House in Essex
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 × 10 3/16 inches (17.9 × 25.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "From Grandson | the block house | in essex"; in graphite, lower center: "The [...] House [...] | from [...]"; lower right: "D. 2812"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Tillemans, 1684–1734, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1708), From Gravesend: The Block House in Essex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.