Wigmore Castle, Herefordshire
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 12 5/16 inches (40 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Wigmore Castle | Herefordshire"; in black ink, lower left: "Wigmore Castle"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "D3563"
Watermark: "1799 | Russel & Co."; Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Hereford and Worcester | United Kingdom | Wigmore | Wigmore Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Wigmore Castle, Herefordshire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.