Falstaff Dragging the Body of Hotspur
- Additional Title(s):
Another part of the field: 'Henry IV, Part I,' Act V, Scene IV
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash and gouache over graphite with gum on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 4 15/16 inches (16.2 x 12.5 cm) and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 inches (13.3 x 10.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "5 Scene 4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battlefield | dragging | feather | figure study | hat | Henry IV Part I, Act V, Scene IV | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | men | plays by William Shakespeare | soldiers | trees
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Smirke, 1752–1845, British, Falstaff Dragging the Body of Hotspur, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.