A View at Lucerne
- Watercolor with pen and gray and brown ink over graphite with brown and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 23 1/8 inches (41.9 × 58.7 cm), Image: 13 3/4 × 19 1/2 inches (34.9 × 49.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "A VIEW AT LUCERNE."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "p.3453."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower left: "WP 1775."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | buildings | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape | men | mountains | river | sails | truss bridge
- Associated Places:
- Kapellbrücke | Lucerne | Luzern | Reuss | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.