- Agropoli, The Temples of Paestum, and the Bay of Salerno
- Watercolor, brown wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 7 1/2in. (27.8 x 19.1cm)
Inscribed lower left: "1. Agropoli 2/3. Coast Tower x Temples of Pastium 4. Coast of Salerno/ Agropoli 5 miles from Paestum"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ruins | ships | shores (landforms) | temples
- Associated Places:
- Agropoli | Paestum | Salerno, Golfo di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Dominic Serres RA, 1722–1793, French, active in Britain (from the 1750s), Agropoli, The Temples of Paestum, and the Bay of Salerno, 1758-1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.