IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dominic Serres RA, 1722–1793, French, active in Britain (from the 1750s), Agropoli, The Temples of Paestum, and the Bay of Salerno, 1758-1793
Agropoli, The Temples of Paestum, and the Bay of Salerno
- Watercolor, brown wash, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 7 1/2in. (27.8 x 19.1cm)
Inscribed lower left: "1. Agropoli 2/3. Coast Tower x Temples of Pastium 4. Coast of Salerno/ Agropoli 5 miles from Paestum"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ruins | ships | shores (landforms) | temples
- Associated Places:
- Agropoli | Paestum | Salerno, Golfo di
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.