- The Castle at Dieppe, Normandy
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 16 11/16 x 21 3/4 inches (42.4 x 55.3 cm) and Sheet: 13 11/16 x 18 11/16 inches (34.7 x 47.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "The Castle of Dieppe in Normandy"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "208 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueduct | arches | architectural subject | armed forces | bayonet | beggar | buildings | cart | castle | costume | ditch | genre subject | Grand Tour | guard | labor | men | peasants | priest | pulled rickshaw | pulling | pushing | sash | transportation | uniform | wall
- Associated Places:
- Château de Dieppe | Dieppe | France | Haute-Normandie | Seine-Maritime, Département de la
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John William Upham, 1772–1828, The Castle at Dieppe, Normandy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.