Beggar with Staff Holding Tricorn Hat
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 4 inches (17.8 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on laid paper adhered to mount: "76"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggars | figures (illustrations) | hat | staffs (walking sticks)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Beggar with Staff Holding Tricorn Hat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.