Head of a Man with a Beard and Long Hair in the Wind
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Macbeth and the Witches
- Part Of:
- Graphite with black ink and brown wash, verso: pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 5 5/8 inches (16.8 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed verso in brown ink, lower right: "[...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in graphite verso, lower left: "De Wilde"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cauldron | figure study | gesture | head | King Lear, play by William Shakespeare | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | moustache | plays by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- King Lear (character in King Lear)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
The Three Witches (characters in Macbeth)
Macbeth (character in The Tragedy of Macbeth)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel De Wilde, 1748–1832, British, Head of a Man with a Beard and Long Hair in the Wind, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.