IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Jones, 1742–1803, British, active in Italy (1776–83), The Garden of the Villa Borghese, ca. 1776
The Garden of the Villa Borghese
- ca. 1776
- Watercolor and oil paint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 inches (27.9 x 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "55"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | garden | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.