Thomas Jones, 1742–1803, British, active in Italy (1776–83), The Garden of the Villa Borghese, ca. 1776
The Garden of the Villa Borghese
- ca. 1776
- Watercolor and oil paint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 inches (27.9 x 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "55"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | garden | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.