- The Garden of the Villa Borghese
- ca. 1776
- Watercolor and oil paint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 inches (27.9 x 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "55"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | garden | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Jones, 1742–1803, British, active in Italy (1776–83), The Garden of the Villa Borghese, ca. 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.