IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Shepheard, ca. 1770–1842, British, Three Men in a Room: Gilchrist Seated at a Table, Tom Adam standing, Seen from Behind, and Matt Haughton seated Legs Outspread and Arms Akimbo before a Fire, undated
Three Men in a Room: Gilchrist Seated at a Table, Tom Adam standing, Seen from Behind, and Matt Haughton seated Legs Outspread and Arms Akimbo before a Fire
- Black ink, brown ink, graphite, and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 6 1/4 inches (17.5 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R Gilchrist Tom Adam"; lower right: "Matt Haughton"
Watermark; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | fire | genre subject | interior (space) | table | tongs, fire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.