Three Men in a Room: Gilchrist Seated at a Table, Tom Adam standing, Seen from Behind, and Matt Haughton seated Legs Outspread and Arms Akimbo before a Fire
- Black ink, brown ink, graphite, and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 6 1/4 inches (17.5 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R Gilchrist Tom Adam"; lower right: "Matt Haughton"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; Watermark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | fire | genre subject | interior (space) | table | tongs, fire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Shepheard, ca. 1770–1842, British, Three Men in a Room: Gilchrist Seated at a Table, Tom Adam standing, Seen from Behind, and Matt Haughton seated Legs Outspread and Arms Akimbo before a Fire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.