- A Woman Rescued from the Sea and Assisted Ashore, Rowing Boat and Rescuers in Background
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (16.5 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "A11027"
Paul Mellon collector's mark Watermark
Signed in graphite, lower left: "T. Stothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dancing | drum (musical instrument) | fainting | figure study | genre subject | hats, shepherdess | men | oars | rescue | rowboat | sea | storm | waves (natural events) | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, A Woman Rescued from the Sea and Assisted Ashore, Rowing Boat and Rescuers in Background, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.