A Fishmonger's Shop with Customers Outside
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 3/8 × 7 3/4 inches (18.7 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Published by Mr. Orme of Bond St."; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Painted by J.P. with 3 other [...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | coats (outer garments) | counter | fish | fishmonger | genre subject | hats | market (building) | men | merchants | shop | shopping
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Pollard, 1792–1867, British, A Fishmonger's Shop with Customers Outside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.