IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to Peter Rashleigh, active 1775, Bewdley Bridge, Worcester, 1775
Bewdley Bridge, Worcester
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 12 3/4 inches (23.5 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Bridgeworth Thropshire July 12 1775 [...]"; in graphite, upper left: "Bewdley, [...], Bridge"; in graphite, upper center: "This [...] by a [...] | [...]"; in graphite, center right: "possibly Peter Rashleigh | IF - [...]"; in graphite, lower right: "Shrops"; in graphite, lower right: "143(10)"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | boats | bridge (built work) | cityscape | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Worcester
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.