- Bewdley Bridge, Worcester
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 12 3/4 inches (23.5 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Bridgeworth Thropshire July 12 1775 [...]"; in graphite, upper left: "Bewdley, [...], Bridge"; in graphite, upper center: "This [...] by a [...] | [...]"; in graphite, center right: "possibly Peter Rashleigh | IF - [...]"; in graphite, lower right: "Shrops"; in graphite, lower right: "143(10)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | boats | bridge (built work) | cityscape | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Worcester
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Peter Rashleigh, active 1775, Bewdley Bridge, Worcester, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.