A View of the Castle and Part of the Town of Oswestry, in the County of Salop
- Gray wash and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 × 8 1/8 inches (12.7 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "A View of the Castle and part of the Town of Oswestry, in the Country of Salop.
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "P. Toms [...] | 1742"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | town | trees | views
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Oswestry | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Toms RA, 1726–1777, British, A View of the Castle and Part of the Town of Oswestry, in the County of Salop, 1742
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.