- St. James Market, Saturday
- Graphite, gray wash, and pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 7/8 inches (16.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink top center: "St. James's Market"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower right: "Old St. James's Market Taken a few Months | before it was destroyed to make room | for the improvements of that end of | the Town, See Pennants London Page - | See also small plan to show the site by R<...>"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, upper center: "Saturday 10th January 1818. Sketched by Robert Bleminell Schnebbelie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Bremmel Schnebbelie, active 1803–1849, St. James Market, Saturday, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.