Westminster Abbey and Bridge from Somerset Garden
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 10 1/4 inches (20 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "2 3 4"; in graphite lower left: "1. Wesminster Bridge. 2. St. John's Chruch. 3 The Parliament House. 4 Wesminster Hall. 6. Wesminster Abbey."; inscribed on back in graphite and pen and brown ink upper left: "A View of West Minster Abbey, Taken the 22d. of June 1759. from Somerset Garden."; in graphite center right: "Publish'd 66 | of - "; in graphite lower right: "171. | 1 of - "
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | church | cityscape | garden
- Associated Places:
- England | London | Somerset | United Kingdom | Westminster | Westminster Abbey | Westminster bridge
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, Westminster Abbey and Bridge from Somerset Garden, 1759
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.