- Bridge over the Severn at Newtown, Looking up the River
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, gray wash, and blue wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (18.7 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Bridge over the Severn at Newton, looking up the River."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Sunderland, 1744–1828, British, Bridge over the Severn at Newtown, Looking up the River, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.