A Thatched Cottage and Trees at the Turn of a Country Road
- Brown ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 6 inches (11.4 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "JW"; lower left: "Hovel very | dark light on [...] [?roof] | bridg - | clear upon Rail more of the turn of Road | broader"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimney | cottage | landscape | road | thatched | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, A Thatched Cottage and Trees at the Turn of a Country Road, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.