IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Ben Lomond, August 17, ca. 1805
Ben Lomond, August 17
- ca. 1805
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 11 1/8 inches (10.2 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ben Lomon | August 17"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JW. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Lomond, Ben | Scotland | Stirling | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.