Part of the Monastery of St. Saviours, Southwark
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 3/8 inches (22.5 × 28.9 cm) and Image: 6 1/2 × 7 3/4 inches (16.5 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Part of the Monastery of St. Saviours, Southwark"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in ink, lower right: "J. Whichelo | 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | monastery | pargeting
- Associated Places:
- England | London | Southwark | Southwark Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
C. John M. Whichelo, 1784–1865, British, Part of the Monastery of St. Saviours, Southwark, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.