- Aldborough, September 4th, 1812
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 14 7/8 inches (15.9 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Looking towards the Sun the water is quite bright & sparkling to a great extent [...] the sky is perfectly clear the horizon is brighter | from the reflection of the Sun-- | < ... > <the water's edge>"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Aldborough, September 4th, 1812, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.