The Old Double Bridge, Bury St. Edmunds
- Brown and gray wash over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 1/2 inches (17.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "JW"; in graphite, lower right: "JW. RA"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "Bury St. Edmunds~ | 1833-"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "JW"; in graphite, lower right: "JW. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Bury St. Edmunds | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Old Double Bridge, Bury St. Edmunds, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.