IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), The Three Marys, 1783
The Three Marys
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: figure study
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink.; verso: graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/16 x 8 1/4 inches (41.1 x 21 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "B.West | 1783-"
Signed in brown ink botton right: "B.West | 1783-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject | robes | rocks (landforms) | vegetation | veil | women
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Revealed Religion - Benjamin West's Commissions for Windsor Castle and Fonthill Abbey (San Antonio Museum of Art, 1983-09-18 - 1983-11-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.