- Panoramic View of Carlisle
- Pen and brown ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 × 29 1/2 inches (17.8 × 74.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "fareground"; center: "fare ground"; center: [...] steeple | something narrower | and that church from | [...]"; lower left: "[...] South Carlisle [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Place, 1647–1728, British, Panoramic View of Carlisle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.