A Stiff Breeze
- ca. 1805
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and gouache, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 12 inches (18.4 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "3.13.6 - [...] think in Prout's | original [...] | [...]"; in graphite, lower center: "Samuel Prout | A Stiff Breeze. | [...] master Hardie"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SP"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | dock | landscape | marine art | men | pier (marine landing) | sailboat | sea | seagulls | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.