A Stiff Breeze
- ca. 1805
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and gouache, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 12 inches (18.4 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "3.13.6 - [...] think in Prout's | original [...] | [...]"; in graphite, lower center: "Samuel Prout | A Stiff Breeze. | [...] master Hardie"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "SP"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | dock | landscape | marine art | men | pier (marine landing) | sailboat | sea | seagulls | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.