The Gypsy Fortune-Teller
- ca. 1758
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 12 1/8 inches (24.4 x 30.8 cm) and Mount: 13 1/2 x 16 1/8 inches (34.3 x 41 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "5625"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Paul Sandby. R.A. delinit."; inscribed in blue chalk, verso, center right: "4784| wash not done; [nob] to be stuck on"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | building | children | genre subject | landscape | river | road | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, The Gypsy Fortune-Teller, ca. 1758
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.