Study for "Reading the Will"
- Watercolor with gray ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 5 5/8 inches (10.2 x 14.3 cm)
Collector's mark:" Thomas E. Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)" collector's mark
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "D. Wilkie | 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchairs | chairs | children | dresses | family | genre subject | interior | men | paintings | reading | soldiers | solicitors | study (visual work) | tables | will | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "Reading the Will", 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.