Study for "Reading the Will"
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with gray ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 5 5/8 inches (10.2 x 14.3 cm)
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "D. Wilkie | 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchairs | chairs | children | dresses | family | genre subject | interior | men | paintings | reading | soldiers | solicitors | study (visual work) | tables | widow | will | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "Reading the Will", 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.