Children with Pig at a Doorway in Ballynahinch, Ireland
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches (12.1 x 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Ballinahinch"
Collector's mark: " Thomas E. Lowinsky" collector's mark
signed in graphite, upper left: "D. Wilkie"; dated in black ink, lower right: "August 23d"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animals | baby | children | doorway | farm | genre subject | livestock | peasants | pigs | rural
- Associated Places:
- Ballynahinch | Connacht | Europe | Galway | Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Children with Pig at a Doorway in Ballynahinch, Ireland, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.