- Study of a Galloping Horse
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 8 inches (16.2 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Drawing by Stubbs for a | horse for the plaque made | by Wedgwood - 1783 | PHAETON AND THE | CHARIOT OF THE SUN | in the [...] | T.E.L."; in graphite, lower right: "5"
T.E. Lewinsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Study of a Galloping Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.