IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Wilson RA, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), Italian Landscape with River Running Between High Wall at Left and High Bank at Right Towards a Small Town with Figures on the Banks, ca. 1753
Italian Landscape with River Running Between High Wall at Left and High Bank at Right Towards a Small Town with Figures on the Banks
- ca. 1753
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 11 9/16 inches (20.2 x 29.4 cm), Mount: 9 5/8 x 13 3/8 inches (24.4 x 34 cm)
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | Grand Tour | landscape | river | wall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.