IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, French / Italian, nineteenth century, Copy of a Study for a Ceiling Decoration, undated
Copy of a Study for a Ceiling Decoration
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (32.7 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "WE."; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Rylands sale 1810"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "P102 N"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Thornhill."
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | clouds | decorations | gods - classical mythology | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.