- Copy of a Study for a Ceiling Decoration
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (32.7 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "WE."; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Rylands sale 1810"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "P102 N"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Thornhill."
T.E. Lewinsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | clouds | decorations | gods - classical mythology | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, French / Italian, nineteenth century, Copy of a Study for a Ceiling Decoration, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.