IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), An Ancient Barn at Shoreham, undated
An Ancient Barn at Shoreham
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, brown wash, and graphite on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 11 inches (15.6 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "View at Shoreham by Sam Palmer | Bought at the sale of nephew of | Sam Palmer at Christie's"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | barn | house | landscape | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Shoreham | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Romanticism (Center Gallery, Bucknell University, 1990-02-24 - 1990-04-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.