Study of a Climbing Plant (Pumpkin Family)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and white chalk on medium, moderately textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 x 17 1/4 inches (54.6 x 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD. RA"; in graphite, upper left: "The Pumpkin"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical | botanical subject | nature study | plants | science | still life
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Study of a Climbing Plant (Pumpkin Family), undated