The Road to East Grinstead
- Pen and ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper laid down on rough, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 22 5/8 inches (34.8 x 57.5 cm)
Inscribed on sign in black ink, center right: "To East Grinstead"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "T Mel. Barralet Fecit-1784"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "T Mel. Barralet Fecit-1784"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | buildings | bushes | child | clouds | donkeys | landscape | men | perspective | road | sign | trees | windmills | women
- Associated Places:
- East Grinstead
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John James Barralet, 1747–1815, British, The Road to East Grinstead, Undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.