A Faun with Pipes
- Black chalk on medium, cream, moderately textured laid paper
- Sheet: 22 7/8 × 15 inches (58.1 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Bonington"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, upper right: "29 | Boningi"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "19"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Bonington | Eleve de M Gros"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[clip] Blue [tap] | D26065"
Signed in graphite lower right: "Bonington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- faun | flute | leaves | pipes | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, A Faun with Pipes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.