Study of a Sleeping Dog
- Black and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 x 7 3/4 inches (7.3 x 19.7 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 6 1/4 x 11 1/4 inches (15.9 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "By James Ward, R.A."; in brown ink, verso, upper center: "Study from Nature"
Signed in gray ink , lower right: "JW. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.