Roslyn Castle - a wooded river landscape
- Additional Title(s):
- Brown wash with brown and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 5/8 inches (24.1 × 32.1 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 × 7 1/2 inches (16.2 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Roslyn Castle"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "7 3/8 x 6 1/4"; inscribed verso in graphite, center left: "Aug: 22|23 | Examined by W Martin Handie | S. Kensington V. & A. Museum"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "TPW | 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river | trees | woods
- Associated Places:
- Midlothian | Roslin | Roslin Castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Peploe Wood, 1817–1845, British, Roslyn Castle - a wooded river landscape, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.