The Rhine at Assmannshausen
- Watercolor, with pen, and brown ink, graphite, and scraping out on beige, medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/16 inches (30.8 x 44 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Callow"; inscribed in graphite, inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Assmannshausen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | clouds | geology | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | science | shore (landform) | sky | village
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Hesse | Rheingau | Rhine | Rüdesheim
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, The Rhine at Assmannshausen, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.