- The Rhine at Assmannshausen
- Watercolor, with pen, and brown ink, graphite, and scraping out on beige, medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/16 inches (30.8 x 44 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Callow"; inscribed in graphite, inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Assmannshausen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | clouds | geology | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | science | shore (landform) | sky | village
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Hesse | Rheingau | Rhine | Rüdesheim
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, The Rhine at Assmannshausen, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.