- South East View of the Gate of St. Augustine's Monastery, Canterbury, Kent
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, with gouache, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 19in. (34.9 x 48.3cm)
Inscribed on mount on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: " South East Views | the gate of | of ^ St Augustine Monastery | Canterbury. | Drawn by Benjamin Thomas Pouncey; inscribed on mount on verso in graphite, lower right: " BENJAMIN T. POUNCEY: SOUTHEAST VIEW OF THE GATE OF | ST. AUGUSTIN'S MONASTERY, CANTERBURY | B1977.14.6246 (63/3/8/10) (IR 38) (PM # 4519)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "BTP"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Thomas Pouncey, active 1772–1799, British, South East View of the Gate of St. Augustine's Monastery, Canterbury, Kent, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.