- Section of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/4 × 14 1/2 inches (48.9 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center, description given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Amph: El Djem"; in pen and red ink, lower left: "63"; in graphite, lower center, section labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center, section labeled; in graphite, upper right: "No 18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Section of Amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.