IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, 2 drawings on 1 sheet of interior of amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats, undated
2 drawings on 1 sheet of interior of amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats
- Graphite, pen and black, red and blue pencil on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 29 3/4 × 21 inches (75.6 × 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No. 6"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Amph: of El Djem"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "5"; inscribed on verso in pen and red ink, center left: "66"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.