- 2 drawings on 1 sheet of interior of amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats
- Graphite, pen and black, red and blue pencil on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 29 3/4 × 21 inches (75.6 × 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No. 6"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Amph: of El Djem"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "5"; inscribed on verso in pen and red ink, center left: "66"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, 2 drawings on 1 sheet of interior of amphitheatre at El Djem showing arches, stairs and tiers of seats, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.