IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No. 1 plan of a temple at Baalbec, undated
No. 1 plan of a temple at Baalbec
- Graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 × 52 1/4 inches (54.6 × 132.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, right, dimensions given, directions labeled and calculations given; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "No 1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.