IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No. 23 drawings of ornamental detail of capitals, undated
No. 23 drawings of ornamental detail of capitals
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: elevation of entablature of a temple and a graphite wash drawings of remains of a statue
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 28 1/4 inches (49.2 × 71.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "No 23"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions and calculations given and drawing labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, throughout, drawing lettered "A" to "H"; in graphite, lower right, drawing labeled and dimensions given
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.