- A Little Boy with Red Shoes (Child with Red Shoes and a Top Hat)
- Graphite and watercolor with pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper mounted on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 2 7/8 inches (12.1 x 7.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 6 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches (16.8 x 12.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, center: "D 983 / James Ward R.A. | 1769-1857 | LGD"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JW. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | genre subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, A Little Boy with Red Shoes (Child with Red Shoes and a Top Hat), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.