Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), St. Michael and Lucifer, undated
St. Michael and Lucifer
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- 9 11/16 x 6 1/4 inches (24.6 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "WCA3362#1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fighting | religious and mythological subject | saint | shield | sword | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.