Architectural Detail with Measurements both sides of Sheet; From Temple at Thignica, Modern Ain Tunga
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/8 × 15 3/8 inches (53.7 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Temple at Thignica - Modern | Ain Tunga"; in graphite, throughout, drawing labeled; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and black ink, upper left, calculations; in pen and brown ink, upper center: "MAXIM | BLICAM UNC"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center, drawing labeled; in pen adn black ink, throughout, calculations given; in graphite, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and red ink, lower left: "78"; in graphite, lower left: "Tonga Qu: Thignica in the | Kings [...]ole"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Architectural Detail with Measurements both sides of Sheet; From Temple at Thignica, Modern Ain Tunga, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.