IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Entrance Gate Zaghouan, ca. 1768
Entrance Gate Zaghouan
- ca. 1768
- Graphite, pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/4 × 16 1/2 inches (55.2 × 41.9 cm), Image: 16 1/4 × 12 inches (41.3 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Zaghwan"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Entrance gate Zaghouan | R.L.P."; in red pencil, lower left: "95"; in red pencil, lower right: "C"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "AVXI | LIO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.