Entrance Gate Zaghouan
- ca. 1768
- Graphite, pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/4 × 16 1/2 inches (55.2 × 41.9 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 × 12 inches (41.3 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Zaghwan"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Entrance gate Zaghouan | R.L.P."; in red pencil, lower left: "95"; in red pencil, lower right: "C"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "AVXI | LIO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Entrance Gate Zaghouan, ca. 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.