- Salvia nilotica Juss. ex Jacq. (Nile Sage): finished drawing of a flowering shoot with details of floral dissections
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 × 12 1/8 inches (40.5 × 30.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 5/16 × 8 9/16 inches (28.7 × 21.7 cm), and Image: 10 1/4 × 7 1/2 inches (26 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Sauge du Nil | No 6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 84, pl. 140, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, eighteenth century, Salvia nilotica Juss. ex Jacq. (Nile Sage): finished drawing of a flowering shoot with details of floral dissections, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.