IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Andrew Fyfe, 1752–1824, British, Eragrostis Tef, 1775
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (40.3 × 30.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 13 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (33.3 × 23.8 cm), Image: 12 7/8 × 1/8 inches (32.7 × 0.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown ink lower left: "A. Fyfe Edinb.h Botanical Garden 1775"
Watermark: 'J Whatman'
Signed in brown ink lower right: A. Fyfe
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | grass | plant
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.