Architectural detail of arch at Assuras
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: architectural detail of frieze of temple at Assuras
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, slightly textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/8 × 38 3/4 inches (66.4 × 98.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Details of Temple, Assuras"; in pen and black ink, right, elevations labeled; in graphite, upper right: "No 11"; in graphite, upper right: "B6"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "No 10"; in graphite, upper right: "B5"; in pen and black ink, center right, elevation labeled and dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Details of Arch, Assuras"; in pen and red ink, lower center: "12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Architectural detail of arch at Assuras, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.