Architectural detail of arch at Assuras
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: architectural detail of frieze of temple at Assuras
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, slightly textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet (folded): 26 1/8 × 38 3/4 inches (66.4 × 98.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Details of Temple, Assuras"; in pen and black ink, right, elevations labeled; in graphite, upper right: "No 11"; in graphite, upper right: "B6"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "No 10"; in graphite, upper right: "B5"; in pen and black ink, center right, elevation labeled and dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Details of Arch, Assuras"; in pen and red ink, lower center: "12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Architectural detail of arch at Assuras, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.